Video is a powerful tool to increase the internet and engagement in your web site pages. No matter what your business is, video can help to build a dynamic web site that keeps visitors watching, and reading more. Here are 10 ways to leverage video to help your business online.
1. Leverage video to make your site interactive.
Many web sites are boring leaving visitors to skim text, and click to the next page, or to the next listing in Google. Using video can help to transform your static site into a dynamic site that engages your visitors and keeps them looking for more. There are many ways to use video on your site, such as:
- Promotional videos to explain what you do
- Web site tours to show visitors what they can expect on your website
- Virtual tours to help display a physical space or location
2. Product demonstrations and reviews
Creating video to show you how to do something is one of the most popular uses of video online. Just look to YouTube; you can learn almost anything there. Likewise, a business can use video to educate or display products or services to their potential customers. Training videos for staff are also a very effective use of a company’s time.
- Demonstration videos for installations or setup
- Demonstrations of how your product works
- Train staff or communicate remotely with video
3. Share your knowledge with video
By speaking about a specific niche topic, individuals can become industry leaders and care out a market for themselves online. Educational videos with in-depth details about a particular industry can be very valuable.
- Educational videos
- Newscasts updating viewers on your industry headlines
- Publish other videos from leaders in your industry.
4. Leverage video to increase your visitor traffic
YouTube is the #2 search engine, and one of the top 4 traffic earning web sites online. As such, Google loves to index video and show videos in search. Why not! Google owns YouTube. Video SEO is an excellent way to increase your web site traffic and create new opportunities for business.
- Target your keywords in titles and tags
- Use more than one video sharing web site to increase links to your own web site
5. Make money from video
Targeting the right visitors with the right information can earn you substantial money. Some technics for earning money through online video include:
- Use ads on your videos
- Sell sponsorship from podcasts
- Charge for downloads of educational or entertainment videos
6. Promote events or a sale with video
Video is an excellent medium for upcoming specials, or specials. Just look how TV has been over the years. Videos makes products live and animated, allowing your customers to experience the product or service much better than static mediums.
- Sell with video and show off your products
- User promo codes to reward viewers
- Notify customers of specials through video
7. Get personal with your customers with video
Video helps your business to put a human face on your business. Some examples include:
- Welcome videos
- Profile videos of staff
- Testimonals from customers
8. Video helps visitors experience your brand
Video is an excellent medium to get your customers involved. You can run contests for video submissions and have your customers do the work. Other examples include:
- Contents to promote your company brand
- Get customers to video themselves using your product
- Have your visitors embed videos to their web sites
9. Use video to increase return web customers
When you provide good content on a regular basis, people will be more inclined to visit your website to see what new information you are sharing. Examples include:
- Daily, weekly podcasts with up to date or real-time news or information
- RSS feed to inform your visitors of new videos.
- Promote business events or activities with video
10. Separate yourself from your competition with video
Video is growing online, but there are many industries with poor or lacking video online. If your competition is not using video, this is a good opportunity to separate yourself and gain respect from your online customers.
- List your video in directory listings
- Promote video on local web sites
- Make your video viral by allowing people to share it
Do you have any other good examples of how you should use video on your website? Feel free to leave your posts below.